Over the previous two and a half months, the City of Columbus has taken proactive action to abide by the Directed Health Measures as they pertain to public use of City facilities and the City’s operation as an employer and business.
Thank you to all citizens and employees for your understanding, compliance and patience during this extremely challenging time! As we begin the process of opening up access to many city facilities, we will continue to implement processes to comply with directed health measures.
Opened on June 8th
- City owned parks, park equipment and outdoor sports facilities.
The City will not be sanitizing/cleaning the facilities and equipment in the parks. Any use of the same presents an inherent risk of exposure to and contracting COVID-19 and a novel coronavirus to all individuals involved. By choosing to use, conduct, and/or participate in activities in the parks, and sports facilities, you are accepting that risk for yourself and children (if any).
Open beginning June 15th
- City Hall, Police Station, Fire Station.
- If you plan to visit any of these City buildings, we request that you wear a mask.
Open beginning June 22nd
- Building open 10 am-6 pm M-F, limited services available. Check our Facebook page and website for details.
- Columbus Area Transit (CAT)
- Call 402-564-9293 to schedule a ride.
- Staff will begin taking calls on June 15th to schedule rides to start on June 22nd.
The following facilities will remain closed on June 15th. These facilities are working on plans for re-opening in the coming weeks. Those plans will be released to the public when they are finalized.
- Columbus Community Center. The Community Center continues to deliver meals to homes.
- Columbus Aquatic Center
You may call closed facilities during regular business hours to speak with available staff.