Safety Rules & Regulations
Red Cross Certification
The park is fully staffed with Red Cross certified lifeguards to ensure safe fun for everyone.
State of Nebraska Pool Regulations
- No person is permitted to use the pool without first having taken a warm water shower, using soap.
- No person having an obvious communicable disease, skin eruption, cut, sore or lesion, eye, ear, nose, or throat infection, is permitted to use any public swimming pool.
- Spitting or spouting of water, blowing the nose, or any other similar activities in the swimming pool is strictly prohibited.
- No running, boisterous, or rough play, except supervised water sports, is permitted in the pool, or on the runways, diving boards, floats, platforms, or in the dressing rooms.
- Maximum patron load is 1,706 persons.
Pawnee Plunge Rules
- All swimmers must wear proper swim attire. Exposed rivets, buttons, zippers, metal ornaments, or cut offs are not permitted in the swimming areas.
- Profanity or abusive language is prohibited.
- For the safety of all patrons, bags will be checked for unauthorized items upon entering the water park.
- Outside food and drink is not allowed in the water park.
- Anyone under the influence of drugs or alcohol will be denied use of the facility.
- Children 4 years and under and all non-swimmers must be within arms-length of a supervising adult at all times. Life jackets or floaties of any kind indicate a non-swimmer.
- Children 6 years and under must be supervised by an adult at all times.
- All children not toilet trained must wear a swim diaper.
- The City of Columbus is not responsible for damaged, lost, or stolen valuables.
- Any time thunder or lightning are detected, either through a detection system or a manual sighting, the pool and associated decks must be cleared. Refunds or rain checks for inclement weather will not be given.
- All patrons must be 48" tall to ride the tube slide, swirl bowl slide, speed slide, or curve slide.
- All jewelry is prohibited on the slides and the FlowRider. (This includes wedding bands.)