News Flash Home
The original item was published from 12/22/2022 1:35:47 PM to 1/3/2023 8:05:03 AM.
Posted on: December 22, 2022
[ARCHIVED] Observance of New Year’s Day Holiday
Some City of Columbus departments will be closed at various times in observance of the New Year’s Day holiday.
- The Columbus Area Transit, the Columbus Police Department Lobby & front desk, the Columbus Senior Center, and all departments located in City Hall will be closed on Monday, January 2, 2023.
- The Columbus Public Library will be closed on Sunday, January 1st and Monday, January 2nd.
- The Columbus Aquatic Center will be closed Sunday, January 1st, and will be open regular hours Monday, January 2nd. Visit the Columbus, NE Parks and Recreation Facebook page or call 402-563-3222 for details about their current schedule.
- Van Berg Golf Course will be open, weather permitting. Columbus and Roselawn Cemeteries and all parks will be open.
- The Solid Waste area of the Columbus Transfer Station will be open to licensed garbage haulers only from 8 a.m. to 12 Noon on Monday, January 2nd. The Yard Waste Site will be closed on Monday, January 2nd.
- The Street, Wastewater, Water Production, and Water Utility Service Divisions will be on call for emergencies.
- The Columbus Fire and Police Departments will be available 24-7 for public safety responses.