The Columbus City Council will meet in its new chamber at 7 tonight.
The Council's new chamber is on the third floor in the new voter-approved Columbus Community Building, 2500 14th St. The agenda, which can be viewed in full here, is loaded. Among the highlights are:
- An update on the Nebraska Department of Transportation 23rd Street reconstruction project
- An update on the situation regarding rural EMS service outside of the city limits
- A review of the financial and compliance audit for year-end Sept. 30, 2022
- A review of Resolution No. R23-93, supporting the concept of Highway 30 to Highway 64 connector road project.
- A review of changes to the public property director and parks and recreation manager positions.
The City will also host a grand opening/public open house of the Columbus Community Building from 9 a.m.-noon on Saturday, July 8th. Learn more by reading the story here.
The City Council meeting will not be live-streamed on the City's YouTube Channel this week as the technology is still being installed in that space, but it should be operational in the near future. Check the City's website for stories from the meeting.