Starting March 25, 2020, for a period of about six months, 12th Avenue from 8th to 17th Streets will be closed to through traffic due to the continuation of the 12th Avenue Viaduct project.
- Access to the Columbus Cemetery will be from 12th Street.
- Access to the Catholic Cemetery will be from 14th Street.
- Access to the Dollar General will be from 9th Street.
- Access to adjacent properties will be local traffic only when applicable.
The official 12th Avenue detour route for through traffic, which will be marked with signs and electronic information boards, is on:
- 8th Street from 3rd to 12th Avenues
- 3rd Avenue from 8th to 23rd Streets
- 23rd Street/US Hwy 30 from 3rd to 10th Avenues
- 10th Avenue from 3rd to 17th Street
- 17th Street from 10th to 12th Avenues
Drivers and pedestrians are encouraged to use extreme caution
in the area and on the detour route.