Over the previous two and a half months, the City of Columbus has taken proactive action to abide by the Directed Health Measures as they pertain to public use of City facilities and the City’s operation as an employer and business.
As we begin the process of opening up access to many city facilities on June 8th we will continue to implement processes to comply with directed health measures.
Open effective 6/8/2020
- City owned parks, park equipment and outdoor sports facilities.
The City will not be sanitizing/cleaning the facilities and equipment in the parks. Any use of the same presents an inherent risk of exposure to and contracting COVID-19 and a novel coronavirus to all individuals involved. By choosing to use, conduct, and/or participate in activities in the parks, and sports facilities, you are accepting that risk for yourself and children (if any).
The following facilities will remain closed on June 8th. All Departments are working on plans for re-opening in the coming weeks. Those plans will be released to the public when they are finalized.
- Columbus Community Center - the Community Center continues to deliver meals to homes.
- Columbus Public Library and Platte County Bookmobile Service - the Library continues to offer curbside pickup.
- Columbus Aquatic Center
- Columbus Area Transit - C.A.T. continues to deliver groceries Monday-Friday.
You may call closed facilities during regular business hours to speak with available staff.
Controlled Access Facilities:
- City Hall
- Columbus Police Department
- Columbus Fire Department