News Flash Home
The original item was published from 12/23/2020 9:37:02 AM to 1/2/2021 5:05:03 PM.
Posted on: December 23, 2020
[ARCHIVED] Observance of New Year’s Day Holiday
Some City of Columbus departments will be closed at various times in observance of the New Year’s Day holiday.
- The Columbus Area Transit, the Columbus Police Department Lobby & front desk, and all departments located in City Hall will be closed on Friday, January 1, 2021.
- The Columbus Public Library will close at 5:00 pm on Thursday, December 31, and will be closed Friday, January 1.
- The Columbus Community Center has not yet reopened due to Covid-19, and will not be available to take calls or provide meals on Friday, January 1.
- The Aquatic Center will be open for Adult Lap/Exercise only from 8:00 am – 1:00 pm on Thursday, December 31, and will be closed Friday, January 1. They will have extended open swim hours during school winter break. Contact Aquatic Center at 402-563-3222 for more information.
- Quail Run Golf Course will remain open for golf (weather permitting) until December 31. Quail Run Golf Course and Golf Shop will be closed for the month of January and reopen February 1st (weather permitting). Van Berg Golf Course will remain open throughout the winter (weather permitting).
- Columbus and Roselawn Cemeteries and all parks will remain open throughout the holidays.
- The Columbus Transfer Station will be open for regular business on Thursday, December 31, and will be closed Friday, January 1.
- The Street, Wastewater, Water Production, and Water Utility Service Divisions will be on call for emergencies.
- The Columbus Fire and Police Departments will be available 24-7 for public safety responses.