Term: 12/2010 to 12/2026
Richard was born and raised in Lincoln, NE and came to Columbus in 1972. Married Donette Gabriel on April 26, 1975. They have three children, Audra, Ryan, and Lauren, a son-in-law John Hogue, and one granddaughter, Sophia.
Previous owner ARL Credit Services, Inc. Columbus, NE, a Third Party Account Receivable and Check Collection Agency.
- Member of Chamber of Commerce since 1991
- Chamber of Commerce Commodore
- Commodore Skipper 2002-2003
- Treasurer of Chamber Board of Directors 2003-2004
- Member of Downtown Business Association
- Past President Big Pals/Little Pals 1990
- Charter member of ARC of Platte County
- Sertoma Club member since 1985
- Sertoman of the Year 2008
- Past Co-Chair General Business Division of the United Way
- Member of St. Isidore's Church since 1978
- Charter Member of St. Isidore's Knights of Columbus
- Past Chair of the Citizen Advisory Review Committee
- Elected to City Council in 2010, re-elected in 2014 and 2018.
- 1988 President of Credit Bureaus’ of Nebraska
- 1993 awarded “Beacon Award” by the American Collectors Association for outstanding support and leadership in helping advance federal legislative initiatives through direct lobbying of the U.S. Senate and House of Representatives.
- 1994 “Beacon Award”
- 1998 and 2008 President of Nebraska Collectors Association Currently Board Member of Nebraska Collectors Association
- 2012 Archway Award Winner
- 2014 King Ferdinand XL